Learn what are keywords for search engines and how to benefit the most from using them. Understand how to find good keywords for your website.
Today we are gonna be talking about keywords and the use of keywords in SEO (Search Engine Optimization). To fully understand what are keywords for search engines we must first understand how the keywords work and how to properly use them for the best results.
Keywords are important part of SEO and represent a tool to attract more visitors to your website. If you do not know how to properly use keywords and make them useful for your business – you will have losses. After this post you will understand how to use keywords, how to research them and how to pick the right ones for your business.
Check MY TOP RECOMMENDATION in the main menu of the website if you are intersted in creating real income online. This is how this website happend.I ACHIEVED MY FINANCIAL FREEDOM HERE!
WHAT EXACTLY ARE KEYWORDS?
Keywords can be defined as a phrases and words that describe topics you write about. They are also used to identify what people are searching for on the Internet.
So keywords and keywords phrases are everywhere.
It is your job to find the ones that will attract traffic and still be oriented towards the content of your website.
As stated on MOZ it’s not always about getting the visitors to your website it is about getting the right kind of visitors.
To find the best keywords you will have to go through keyword research first. Keyword research allows you to find the words and phrases that people enter into the search engines. You can then implement this data into your content, marketing strategies and website.
WHAT ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF KEYWORDS?
During your browsing on the Internet you usually do searches through some patterns. These patterns are actually keywords and we can differentiate 3 types of keywords often used by you and others when browsing the Internet.
Most of the online marketers have accepted this classification of keywords :
- Short (Head) Keywords – very broad with high search volume and they usually consist of one or two words.
- Medium (Body) Keywords – consist of 2-3 words or phrases with medium search volume.
- Long Tail Keywords – consist of 4 or more words or phrases and they have low search volume.
The shorter is the keyword the more results you will have. If you are just starting your new online business these will not be of service to you.
To understand this properly we will use an easy example.
Let’s say you type “cars” into the google search. You would have billions of results and HUGE competition for that keyword.
This means that there are probably a lot of authority websites that already covered that keyword. Having this in mind, it would be almost impossible to rank your post amongst the first 10 pages of Google search.
Short keywords are very unspecific and they cover wast amount of search results. This makes them really hard to compete with even for well-established online entrepreneurs.
Our advice to you is to avoid short keyword and rather focus your attention on medium and long tail keywords.
Medium keywords are more specific and competition and search volume rate are at reasonable level – not too high but not too low either. On our example medium keyword would be “1984 Volvo Caravan“.
As you can understand, this kind of search would produce more specific results. However, this does not apply to every medium keyword. If you typed “New Mercedes Cars” you would probably get a lot more competition and you would have to research if this word is worth competing.FREE MEMBERSHIP, TRAINING AND 24/7 SUPPORT
WHY IS GOOD TO FOCUS ON MEDIUM AND LONG TAIL KEYWORDS?
Well, most importantly because you will have less competition. With less competition you are more likely to reach first page of Google search.
What makes this possible is that when you type very specific long tail keywords such as “1995 used Mercedes cars for sale in Australia” you will narrow the search and there will be not so many results.
And although long tail keywords do have lower search volume than other types of keywords – with them your post can actually reach to page 1 in Google search. And that is something you are always trying to achieve.
This is what makes them special and what makes them useful in your case. If the keyword is more specific and it narrows down the search – the higher is the possibility of conversion.
So long tail keywords will lead to more conversions.
HOW TO RESEARCH KEYWORDS FOR SEO?
To research any keywords we always recommend putting yourself in the consumer/searcher place. Try to find the questions you would ask when using the search button. This also applies to your niche and website. Different interests means different questions and different forms of questions. Always be aware of that.
The first and most basic keyword research technique is using Google as your guide. To do this you will start with typing one word into the search bar and check what Google recommends. All of these recommendations from Google search are valid and you can use them in your content.
This type of search is very simlair to Alphabet soup technique. Only difference is that Alphabet soup is mostly used when searching for new niches.
You will also stumble upon semantic keywords. Semantic keywords are basically recommendations for searched term. This means that search engine will try to figure out what you were searching for by giving you related terms as recommendation.
You can also use these recommended keywords in your content.
HOW TO USE KEYWORDS FOR AN ARTICLE?
Once you found the keywords you will use in your content – it is time to give them right exposure. Great news is that you can use chosen keywords almost anywhere in the content.
However, it is recommended that you also do not skip these proven ways of keyword implementation as stated on OptionMonster :
- Using keywords in the title of your page/article – this applies to both regular and SEO title. Title will be represented as a clickable link. Titles are really important because they serve as a guideline to Google when determing relevance.
- Using keywords in meta description – in other words, using keywords within first 160 characters of your content. This is used as a description and it is shown after the title. Meta description is really important because it may attract or not attract, depending on how good it is.
- Using keywords in links and social media updates – you can use keywords this way in the headlines when you share the content and also when using hashtags.
BEST SEO KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOL?
Everyone that owns online business knows the importance of good and reliable keyword research tool. Today, there are a lot of websites that offer keyword research analysis tools and some of them are not worth the attention. However, most of them are good and can be used.
We can not exactly say which keyword research tool is the best but we will give you our top favorites. We highly recommend checking all of them and seeing which one fits you the most. For the best results you should combine them.
1. Jaaxy Keyword Tool – We already did a review on this tool. Highly recommended and our first choice for new and medium experienced in keyword research and SEO.
2. Ahrefs – Amazing keyword and backlink research platform. Contains in depth analysis of current trends, web monitoring, content research and web monitoring. Used by many top online entrepreneurs and online marketing expert.
3. SEMRush – Another great keyword tool. Helps with providing the keywords that are related to your content. This tool is paid but you can use trial version for limited time or try free keyword research.
4. Google Adwords Keyword Planner – You can access this tool through your Google account. It gives you different data about competition, search volumes and estimated cost per click.
Keywords are important part of SEO and proper use will get you great amounts of organic traffic. You should not skip learning this piece of SEO because it will make your content reachable and will also make your online business trustworthy.
Explore and research keywords and implement them in your content as introduced here and you will have results. Your posts will get indexed faster and eventually you will create authority website/online business.
Follow the steps of Google quality guidelines and you will be on the right track. Do not use any shady marketing strategies because it will only hurt your online business.
So to summarize up:
- Do a proper research on the keywords you would like to use. Be specific and aim at medium and long tail keywords who are grammatically correct.
- Try to think as your potential visitors/customers would do. What questions would they ask and what solutions would they need? Answering these questions will surely help you with increasing your revenue.
- Implement the keywords into your content. Use the most efficient ways because it will help both your visitors and you.
- Do not overdo it. Trying to stuff your content with keywords will eventually make your website blacklisted. It is perfectly fine to focus only on few keywords. Believe it or not, you will still have many other keywords while you write your content – even tough you have not planned to use those keywords. This occurs naturally while you are writing your articles.
- You are writing content for people and not machines. This one is really important. Writing only for search engines ranking is not recommended and it will not seem naturally to your readers.
Thank you for reading.
Your Online Profit